Brian Tracy once said, “A goal without a plan is only a dream.” I’m a dreamer, I always have and don’t think it’s a bad thing. Dreaming of turning a passion of photography into a business was realized when I put a plan into action. So what’s my plan for Rare Vision Photography in 2024?
As I shared in my last blog, I took January to ease into the year. I decided to spend the time in intentional reflection and some thought on what I want my goals to be for 2024. Having a background in business (marketing and PR to be exact), I remember the SMART goal (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, timely). Most of the time I’m pretty good at sticking to all these particulars, but one is sometimes hard…it being achievable. Dreaming is something I do well.
As a dreamer, sometimes I have dreams that make me float in the clouds. I appreciate my husband and trusted friends to slowly grab the rope and bring me back to reality. It’s important not to float too much, the air is thinner and it’s harder for me to think clearly all the time.
Here are some goals I have for Rare Vision Photography for 2024:
- Revamp all my guides before the end of February.
- Reach 1,200 followers on Facebook and 500 followers on Instagram.
- Capture moments for 10 new clients.
- Capture a surprise of some sort (engagement, birthday, pregnancy, new car).
- Document another birth.
- Post three times a month on Pinterest and start to get followers.
- Document a life in the day for an entrepreneur.
- Book one branding client for the year.
- Read “Dare to Lead.”
- Post one video on YouTube a month.
- Capture a session in a unique location.
- Help a nonprofit or ministry with images.
- Document a mom in her daily life.
- Help promote other mompreneurs.
Andrew Carnegie said, “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” I’m excited about these goals and eager for what’s in store for Rare Vision Photography in 2024.